Friday, November 9, 2012

Heading towards Western New York

Towards the end of the trip, Kristene and I headed west. We went to the Canandaigua area of the Finger Lakes and to Rochester, NY. Here are Kristene and friend, Jayne, in Canandaigua, NY. We had a wonderful lunch there followed by some great ice cream! You can see how pretty the weather was.



After lunch, we spent some time at the Finger Lakes Race track.  The horses Kristene and I liked had a good day in their races so that was a great surprise.
.

Then we drove on to Rochester, NY, where I was able to visit with my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and niece. It was so wonderful to see them. The final stop was to visit the University of Rochester campus where Bill and I were undergrads - longer ago than I want to admit. The campus looked even better than before and there were many new buildings. The pretty weather had left us by then though.


... and here is the Interfaith Chapel where Bill and I were married.


If the sun had been out, these pictures would have been stunning. There was one stop left in our trip - Buffalo, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment