Friday, July 15, 2011

What a beautiful morning!

What a beautiful morning today!  After having so much heat and so little rain, things reversed themselves for a few days.  We had some thunderstorms this week and got some rain that greened up the grass and made all the plants look better.  I went out at 10:30 a.m. today and it was only 78 degrees and cloudy!  You cannot imagine how good that feels after the high 90's and slightly over 100 that we have been having.  (The high temperatures included hot, baking sun.)  There was even a little breeze today.


The daylilies are coming to an end, but they
have been so pretty this year!

Earlier this week (on one of the hot days), we shipped my younger horse, Lyric, up to Durham, NC, so my younger daughter can ride and enjoy him.  It has been very sad thinking about him leaving because I got him when he was 6 months old and he is 16 now, so he has been a member of the family for a long time.  He has lots of intelligence and personality, so he is a special horse.  However, I also have a 32 year old horse and don't ride much, especially in the summer, so it seemed like it would be good for my daughter to enjoy having him up. there - and she is really enjoying him and the trip went fine.
Horses are herd animals though so I worry about my 32 year old getting lonely now that she is by herself.  The better weather allowed me to go for a ride on Sugar and take her for a walk and then I led her around so she could eat some of the pretty grass outside the pasture fence.  After that I picked blueberries and checked what was going on in the garden.  Such a treat to be able to do so much outdoors.
I go outdoors when it is super hot - but mostly because I have to ... it was nice to be out there and enjoy it!
I hope everyone has a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment