Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th of July Weekend

I hope everyone is having a safe and fun 4th of July Weekend!  My younger daughter was here for a few days and I haven't seen her for many months so it was a fun time together.  We went to the parade that was held in Columbia for the Univeristy of South Carolina Gamecock Baseball Team - hopefully you know that the team just won the College World Series Championship for the second year in a row!!  That was lots of fun and I was certainly glad someone had planted all those nice trees on the State House grounds so we could stand in the shade from time to time.  I took about 98 pictures while I was there.  You have to love digital cameras!  Anyway, here are a few.

The University of South Carolina flag flying atop the State House.



Coach Tanner's arrival.


..and finally, the players and the trophy!!!



We went out to eat after the parade and stopped at a fabric store which had some great sale prices.  One thing on our list was to get flannel fabrics to make more burp cloths for my triplet grandsons who live in CA.  It was nice to sew together and we got those burp cloths completed that evening and have them ready to be mailed.  I should have thought to take a sewing related picture to post, but I guess even cute burp cloths are still just burp cloths.
Well, now that the fun visit is over with, I think I'd better get some things done around the house and yard.
Continue to enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment