Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Hot Weather is Back

After those few cooler days that we had, the hot (hot, hot, hot) weather is back.  I knew it couldn't last.  I believe it went up to 102 today and that was the actual temperature, not the heat index.

Anyway, aside from the heat, I have been having a great time.  I went to Rock Hill on Monday to present a lecture for the York County Quilters.  What a nice group of quilters and they had wonderful items for Show and Tell!  Thanks to each of you for your warm welcome and your hospitality.

Here is one of the quilts I completed recently - it is a cheater fabric that was sold by Windham Fabrics in 2009 and is a reproduction of a Signature Quilt presented to Clara Barton by soldiers who she nursed during the Civil War. The original is on display at the Clara Barton Museum.  It's a lovely quilt and the thought behind it is special.  Although this is the first time I ever used a cheater fabric, it's wonderful to have a copy of this quilt for my collection!



I was able to see my daughter for a few days and she and I had fun trying out new feet on her sewing machine, shopping, and talking "horses."  She taught me how to make truffles.  She is a wonderful truffle maker!  (Isn't it great when our children grow up and can teach us some special things?)

Hopefully I can get out in the garden early tomorrow to see how things are doing in all this heat.  I managed to pick two cucumbers today so if I water about three times a day, my plants should be okay.  Now you know what I will be doing until this heat breaks!

Stay cool, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment