Friday, November 22, 2013

Winter Sowing with the Master Gardeners




Yesterday I gave a talk on Winter Sowing to the Master Gardeners. Winter Sowing is one of my favorite things to do. One of the members brought this beautiful bouquet for the refreshment table and I got to take it home. Isn't it full of sunshine? The yellow flowers are cassia, which I think I should include in my yard when I do some more planting.

If you are interested in Winter Sowing, there is quite a bit of information online. Here are the web sites that I shared with them.



Winter Sowing Organization
Trudi Davidoff
WinterSown Educational Organization
An AgNIC Partner (Agriculture Network Information Collaborative)

            Free seed offer: http://www.wintersown.org/wseo1/Free_Seeds.html

Winter Sowing Forum on GardenWeb
Look under the FAQ section for seed recommendations for our planting zone

Winter Sowing Database
http://wintersown.org/wseo1/Seed_Lists.html

This is something you can do in January and February other than to just browse through the seed catalogs that arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment