Thursday, November 7, 2013

Trying to Get Myself Back on Track

It has been a long summer and start of fall with my illness and surgery, but I'm beginning to get myself back on track. My quilt guild is helping. We had to turn in a list of the UFO's we expect to complete from this month through Oct. 2014. As usual, my list is long! Somehow having that list makes me do more than I would without having it. I'll try to remember to post things here as I complete them so you can see my progress. Today I am working on my Scrappy Trip Around the World blocks and a set of flannel burp cloths. Once the fabric comes in I need to work on a quilt for my new granddaughter who will make her appearance early next year and I need to make 6 Christmas Stocking for this Christmas, too.

My UFO's

Quilt for New Granddaughter
Swartz Creek Quilt
Monastery Windows Quilt (from Birthday Blocks)
Coffee Theme Birthday Block Quilt (Birthday Blocks)
GardenWeb Round Robin Quilt
Pink and Brown Irish Chain Tablerunner 
Pineapple Blossom Quilt (also from Birthday Blocks)
USC – Gamecock Quilt (Birthday Blocks)
4 Patch Swirl
Patriotic Quilt
Mystery Quilt from Class at White Oak
Chocolate Ripple Quilt
Dutch Puzzle Quilt

Now the list is much longer than that and can you tell I've gotten behind on completing Birthday Block quilts? Yes, I only have one birthday a year!


The other part to me trying to get back on track is that when I bought my horse in January I had said I would be the one to take care of her - morning and evening feeding, cleaning her stall, keeping fresh water in her bathtub (not for bathing, for her it's for drinking.) All of that got sidetracked while I was sick and my husband had to be the fill in. I am just starting back with horse care, so I hope I don't get sidetracked again. I'm returning to it just in time for early darkness and cold temperatures. I am not too fashion minded when I head to the barn. My husband keeps threatening to take a picture of me, but he wouldn't dare.

Well, that was my break from sewing. Everyone have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment