Sunday, April 28, 2013

Etsy Wedding Ideas

There's no wedding ahead for my family this year, but my husband and I have a special anniversary coming up. Sometimes I find myself looking at the all the wedding things available on Etsy and Pinterest.

What's on Etsy that you can consider for a wedding? The list goes on and on. It includes invitations, napkins, picture frames, ring bearer pillows, bouquets, garters, toasting goblets, cake toppers, table decorations, decorative clothes hangers, favors for the guests, and so much more! The other day I saw a handmade wagon for transporting that "little flower girl" up the aisle. It was darling!

A few weeks ago I made an Etsy Treasury called "Cowgirl Wedding" so there definitely are themed items.
If you want to see my Cowgirl Wedding in its entirety, take a look at
https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MjE1NjQzMDR8MjcyMTY3NjE1Nw/cowgirl-wedding?index=13&ref=treasury_search&atr_uid=


Etsy shoppers can be so creative: I had this pair of vintage bluebirds for sale in my shop and someone bought them recently and presented them to the bride and groom by using them as a wedding cake topper. The cake was decorated with blue flowers and decorative ribbon and was stunning. I'll bet they got lots of comments on it! Best of all, they had these lovely bluebird figurines to display in their home as a reminder of the special wedding cake. I knew these were bluebirds of happiness!


The owner of an Etsy shop who stays in touch with me regularly is Ellen at Seagull Smith Jewelry.



This link will take you to her shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SeagullSmithJewelry

Ellen has all sort of lovely jewlery. She uses quality materials and artistry. You can find something to use as a gift for your bridesmaids, maid of honor, mother of the bride, mother of the groom, etc. You can purchase a set of matching jewelry. Ellen offers  "Dress the Party " Bridal Packages:

Beautiful classic jewelry for your entire bridal party is now available for your special day. You can now have elegant bridal and bridesmaid jewelry made with STERLING silver ear wires and Genuine SWAROVSKI Crystal and Pearls. All items are personally designed with the option for customization.



Not your color? Ellen offers all these other earring colors, too:

Looking for something trendy or a bit unusual, how about this lovely kumihimo bracelet? I can see this working beautifully for bridesmaids when there is a garden or seashore theme.



Ellen will be happy to help with you any jewelry needs, not just wedding items. There are items in her shop for dress and for casual wear. She has a variety or materials, styles, and colors.

Remember that your flowers and attire and all the bling and even those special little favors that you select for your guests are not the most special thing about your wedding day. It's having that other person in your life as your bride or groom though all the days ahead. Be sure to cherish having that person as your partner in life!


I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance,
A church filled with family and friends.
I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for,
He said one that would make me his wife.
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment