Monday, October 3, 2011

What am I working on now?

My fall two weeks ago has resulted in lots of sewing.  I can't do a lot outdoors right now although I sure wish I could!
Over the past two days I sewed two of the birthday blocks for the Quilt Forum Birthday Block Exchange on GardenWeb (I'm not showing those because they need to be surprises...) and sewed some of the items I need to take to the N.C. retreat at Camp Cheerio later this week and now I am making a place mat from the pattern Sweet Liberty by Patricia Pepe (http://www.patriciapepe.com/patterns.html.)  This pattern has been a lot of fun to work with.  I should be able to finish this place mat tomorrow.


In order to make it, you need to have two corresponding sizes of the X-Block Rulers.  This one is being made using the 7.5 X-Block Ruler and the Mini 7.5.  If scrappy is not your thing, you can make these patterns using fabric that is not so scrappy.  However, the pattern picture shows it being rather scrappy and that's the way I am going with it.

My plan is to try to highlight and discuss a pattern or a book every week from now on.  That's another thing I have been doing since I got hurt - browsing online and yes, some books already arrived and I have some new fabric on order, too!  I love books about quilting.  You should see how full my bookshelves are!
 
I will try to take my laptop with me to Camp Cheerio (assuming there is room) and post from there a time or two.  I have plans to get a lot done at this retreat, but sometimes my optimism is  too great!

No comments:

Post a Comment