Monday, September 5, 2016

Galaxy Stars and Exchange Blocks


Finally, I'm updating my blog!

It's been a long time since I took a quilt class, but here I was in mid-August enjoying the Galaxy Stars class taught by Anita Bowen. I struggled deciding on colors for the quilt. Yes, it's bright; isn't it?   I wanted a quilt featuring pink and brown so I went with that and included some golden yellow.
(Thank you to Anita for taking this picture and sending it to me.)


I've also been working on exchange blocks for our guild. I'm one of the people working on guild programs this year and proposed several categories people could choose if they wanted to be in a block exchange. We'll be swapping our blocks in October. I signed up for two of the themes, but my groups are small. I just completed my exchange blocks for the Gingerbread category. I don't want to uncover the surprise early, but here you can see that my block includes freshly baked cookies cooling by the window.



Next on my list to do will be my blocks with the theme Quilts on Barns. I'm excited to see what I come up with for that one.

Happy Labor Day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Your Galaxy Star block is beautiful! Don't lett this be a ufo :)

    ReplyDelete