Thursday, March 10, 2016

It's Time for an Irish Blessing

May your day be touched
by a bit of Irish luck,
brightened by a song in your heart,
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.


I'm not a bit Irish, but I always enjoy celebrating St. Patrick's Day - corned beef and cabbage, carrots, potatoes, and onions and a batch of green cupcakes to finish things off.

Yes, you've probably noticed that it has been awhile since I posted anything. It seems I get busy on so many computer sites these days. Also, with my eye trying to recover from surgery I haven't been sewing lately. I'll be sewing soon!

All of my grandchildren have their birthdays from the very end of February to the very first part of March. Perhaps that's good because I have something to post since one of my grandsons wanted a blanket for his birthday. This was my first time trying to make a fleece blanket with the fringe holding the two fabrics together. I'm posting a picture so you can see it. It's chocolate brown on one side and has a dinosaur print on the other. Another of the other triplets wants one now and I bought the fabric, but it will likely be a week or so before I can make it. The hardest part seemed to be trimming the two pieces of fabric so they were square and the same size. I suspect a really large table would have been handy.




Hopefully I can post again before Easter.  Enjoy each day as we move into Spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment