Sunday, August 23, 2015

The Post Surgery Post

I realized I had not been back here since I had my surgery towards the end of July. There was plenty of reason why I had so much pain when I posted last time. The surgeon talked about using robotic surgery to do repairs and I waited extra time to get on the list for that, but once surgery started not much of my surgery could be done using robotics. Nonetheless here I am a few weeks later with stitches pretty much over my entire abdomen but not much that is visible from the outside. The marvels of modern medicine! I'm still in the healing phase but hopefully it will heal nicely. (That's in contrast to two years ago when much of my surgery resulted in "on the skin" stitches and staples that really looked nasty ... but it's great that scars begin to fade in time.)

So where have I been since my surgery? Well, one outing was to the surgeon's office to be checked after two weeks. Then last week I decided it had been long enough and I drove into Lexington for a much needed haircut. Meanwhile to keep myself entertained here at home, I've stepped into the world of card making with a new machine that cuts and embosses. I'm teaching myself how to use the supplies that I've ordered. Of course it didn't take me long to discover that You Tube has many demonstrations on how to use a specific die (or whatever)! I had no idea paper could be so complicated. My favorite papercuts are using the dies that produce something that looks like lace.

Here's a photo of one of the dies I bought. 


Hopefully there will be all kinds of beautiful things made of paper at my house soon and I'll be back to working with fabric. I pulled  my crochet hook out a time or two but that's still a work in progress.
I hope everyone is doing well and had a good summer.

1 comment: