Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Week with Too Much to Do

I'm sorry that I haven't posted in such a long time. It's the usual excuse - when I have things going on, I don't have time to post and when there's nothing going on, there's nothing to write about.

I'll begin with a quilt related picture. Our quilt guild had Susan Lentz as the speaker in April and she has such interesting work - the program she presented was based on "Last Words" and I love how she incorporates vintage lace, vintage embroidery, and even vintage buttons into her art. Many of the pieces began as tombstone rubbings. If you want to read more about Susan, she has a web site you can visit it at http://www.susanlenz.com/


Now back to my heading for this post. This past week was one of the busiest I've ever had. My husband was in the hospital so I was the only one at home and I was visiting the hospital for as many hours as I could every day. I was so happy when he got to come home Thursday afternoon! Any time there is just one of us at home, there is so much to do. If it hadn't been for fast food and the drive-in lane, I don't know how I would have managed to eat dinner. I ate lunch at the hospital, my better choice, and was amazed by all the choices they had and at least I ordered healthy meals there.

Then to add to all the problems, I felt really bad nearly all week - extreme abdominal pain. I plan to go the doctor tomorrow to see if they can tell me what is going on. My older horse joined in on the medical problems on Wednesday evening. He had colic, which is pretty serious and can be deadly for a horse. Luckily some wonderful neighbors came over to help me and I called the equine vet so she could come out to treat him. By the time she got to the barn, it was dark so I was very thankful for the lights at the barn - not quite like daytime, but not too bad either. My horse was a wonderful patient. My neighbor and I had walked him for 90 minutes before the vet arrived so we got a workout, too. Then he got a bit sedated and lots of "treatment". He's doing really well. However, after a colic, they are very limited as for what they can eat so along came a complicated feeding schedule for him and I was having to separate the horses while they ate so he wouldn't eat some of the other horse's food. Some may know that I got this Arabian horse when he was 6 months old, so he has grown up in the family. There was a well-know Arabian stud named Dixie Fireflash and many of his offspring have been very successful in a variety of endeavors. My horse is a son of Dixie Fireflash. He was in some local shows when he was younger and he would watch the other horses so he knew what to do.We have been impressed by his intelligence many times. 

All I can say is "I Survived"! Thanks to all the friends who said a prayer or sent good wishes to get me through the week. Here's a quote about endurance that I though you might enjoy.

Hope is endurance.
Hope is holding on and going on and trusting in the Lord.
- Michael Novak

And before I close for this evening, I'll be wishing a Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers next Sunday.
Hopefully my absence from this blog won't be so long next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment