Friday, December 6, 2013

Sewing and Shopping

Sewing and shopping... if you are a quilter, you're probably doing the same thing. I can't believe that I finished Christmas shopping today! Finishing this early in December must be a first for me. I had to move along this year because we had Christmas with my younger daughter and son-in-law when they were here for Thanksgiving weekend, so those gifts are wrapped, unwrapped, and gone. I didn't know how I would feel about a Christmas a month in advance, but it was fun. Now there can be another one later on.


I've been working on making personalized Christmas stockings for my older daughter and her family. They are almost completed. I got this trim at the fabric store the other day and really like this addition to the cuff. I'll try to post a picture of all the stockings before I put them in the mail. All I have left to do now is to add the loop for hanging the stockings. (I know it seems I should have done that earlier on in the process, but the pattern I am "somewhat following" has you do that as the last step.) The stockings are on my UFO list for the quilt guild so I should have that item checked off when I attend the December meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment