Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Quilt Top Completed: Scrappy Trips Around the World


I took the Scrappy Trips Around the World class with Bonnie Hunter in the fall. Voila! Quilt top completed!

After I get it back quilted, I will post another picture so you can see the completed project. I'm sorry you have to look at it here over the coverlet on the bed. I know the toile fabric doesn't go well with "Scrappy."  The two cream borders with the alternating scrappy blocks inbetween were of my own creation and I really like the contrast. The binding will be black with a non-metallic gold in the print, matching the center panel of the back of the quilt  This should turn out to be reversible with 2 entirely different looks.

I hope everyone is tolerating the heat. I admit, summer is my least favorite time. I don't like heat and humidity so the only plus for me is the additional hours of daylight although I must admit I am quite a night owl, so after dark suits me fine as well.

Everyone have a safe and Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment